MAY BE YOU’VE SAID GOODBYE


“…you want to know how rich I am? Wait for His timing, the time of life, and then judge me”
…Dr ‘Tayo Brown

Why do I have to be chosen in much suffering? I thought God should be able to stop my difficulties, because am faithful to His commands, doing the right thing with prayers and fasting but my pain and agony is not measurable. Sometimes I feel I should fly away form shame even though I sometimes also have the strength to believe God’s faithfulness is guaranteed, but another time the hope of at least a better day fades away like smoke and my whole life is so blurred in the darkness of confusion—what will it take God to just grant my desires? Even though anytime I open my mind to consider the numerous trials all around me, I feel have been unfaithful not to have said “I bless you Lord in my situation”.

Imagine a three month baby lost her father in the process of making sure the baby grows up to call him a responsible father; he struggled in labour all the days of his life to make life a place for his baby—what will this baby ask her mom when she’s of age, I looked at the mother recently and all I could say was “God you understand” but how do I tell her God is faithful with pain written all over her, faced with the responsibility of taking care of her baby as a single parents and pressures from families, she said with a sigh “are these things actually working for my good? ”

Her expression shows she’s about saying goodbye, she’s given up on hope, faith and trust but waiting to be told there’s hope with the assurance of beauty in His (God) timing but you are also about saying goodbye without considering she needs you to tell her there’s hope.

Indeed it is difficult to give when you think you don’t have but I believe your hope shall be made more revealed when you give hope to others. A perfect model is when Jesus gave hope to the saint at the right hand on the cross (you could call him a thief) even when people thought it was over for the Messiah (Luke 23:43).

Hmmm! I saw an old friend recently, looking terrible and desperate to receive money from me but I thought what I had was even too little for my immediate need and never gave to him, but with few steps forward my heart smote me in pain and regret; why didn’t I give to him but he was immediately out of sight and ever since then God has never stopped emphasizing that am a solution even when you have to give your life for others in money, time and substance.
Your difficulties are just there to let you know how it feels for people out there going through the pains you’ve gone through. How many more will say goodbye if you say goodbye.

It’s not time to say goodbye but a time to share the hope of His (God) faithfulness:

“the problem of pain indeed has to do with how individuals allow any experience to affect him/her. The most difficult experience can likewise bring joy into our heart only if we allow joy to flow and flourish within”
…buf akpan

My love there’s joy in the morning, search for your morning even though the weeping is, it’s just for a little time and until there’s joy I will not judge you.

I believe in you.

I love you but the lord loves you more than I do.

Yours at-all-time

buf akpan

Popular Posts